- The Mummy Returns Video Game Cutscenes
- The Mummy Video Game
- The Mummy Returns Cast
- The Mummy Returns Video Game Trailer
Nov 06, 2013 The Mummy Returns (2001) video game trailer Cinemusic7888. Unsubscribe from Cinemusic7888? Cancel Unsubscribe. Subscribe Subscribed Unsubscribe 32.8K. With James Horan, Kevin Michael Richardson, Michael Gough, Jennifer Hale. A video game based on 'The Mummy Returns'(2001) movie where you can play as Rick O'Conell or Imhothep to face the monstrous Scorpion King.
The Mummy Returns Video Game Cutscenes
A video game adaptation of the hit 2001 film, it lets players play as either Rick or Imhotep.
This video game provides examples of:
- Another Side, Another Story: The game lets players play as either Rick or Imhotep.
- The Bad Guy Wins: Imhotep's ending.
- Canon Discontinuity: Imhotep's ending is considered this thanks to the release of The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor.
- Dueling Player Characters: Just before the end with the Scorpion King, the player as their character gets to defeat their respective foe.
- Evil vs. Evil: Imhotep against the Scorpion King.
- Final Boss: The Scorpion King.
- Jungle Japes: The Jungle levels.
- Narrator: Ardeth Bay, as in the original first two films.
- Title Drop: Ardeth Bay says this during his narrations in-between levels.
- Wolverine Publicity: Not only the film's poster showcase Dwayne Johnson as the pre-transformation Scorpion King but he is also shown in the cover of the video game, where only his scorpion form is shown in the game.
The Mummy Returns is a 2001 video game for the PlayStation 2 and is based on the titular film. It was developed by Blitz Games and published by Universal Interactive.
- Six thousand years ago, a fierce warrior known as the Scorpion King led a great army on a campaign to unite the known world. Though they fought well, the Scorpion King and his army were defeated by the Sumerians and driven deep into Ahm Shere, the sacred desert. On death's door, the Scorpion King made a pact with the desert god Anubis. If Anubis would let him live to conquer his enemies, he would surrender to Anubis his immortal soul. The next year, the Scorpion King stormed northward with the Army of Anubis. No power on Earth could stop the supernatural warriors, and the Sumerians were crushed before them. But the Scorpion King's moment of victory was also his last. As the Army of Anubis was returned once again to oblivion, the soul of the Scorpion King was banished to the Underworld.
- Though thousands of years have passed since then, history has a way of repeating itself. According to the calendar of the ancients, the year of the scorpion is once again upon us. Though my old friends Rick and Evy - and now their son Alex - think only to spend their days in pursuit of knowledge and treasure, they will soon find themselves on the path of danger once more. Stumbling through the ruins of the ancient past, they uncover an accursed treasure that leads them to their destined place in the ultimate battle between good and evil... for the mummy returns!
- Arriving back in Britain after their narrow escape from the temple ruins, Rick, Evy, Jonathan, and Alex are surprised by Meela and a group of Imhotep's red turbans. Alex is the first to realize they're after the bracelet box his family brought back from the temple. Hoping to ruin their plot, Alex puts on the bracelet found inside the box, and replaces it with a heavy vase. Meela and the red turbans kidnap Evy and steal the useless box, thinking they have finally found the bracelet! Yet all is not lost. Alex recognizes that one of the intruders - is actually the curator of the British Museum. Hot on the trail, the group sets off to make their way to the famed museum. Arriving there, Alex and Jonathan are left in the car, while Rick and Ardeth sneak inside the museum to get Evy back, and with any luck, stop Meela and the red turbans along the way...
- Ages have passed from that year to this - the year of the scorpion! In this one year of the millennia, the Army of Anubis can return to ravage the Earth like a lethal plague - if the evil sorcerer Imhotep has his way. Having uncovered the corpse of the mummy in the desert sands, a dark order now works to revive the only being mighty enough to overthrow the Scorpion King, claim the Army of Anubis, and go on to rule the world in darkness! May the gods help us - the mummy returns!
- Getting to the museum basement in the nick-of-time, Rick and Ardeth are able to save Evy. However, amidst the fray, Imhotep and Meela discover that Alex is carrying the bracelet after all. Brushing Jonathan aside, Meela and her henchmen kidnap Alex. When Ardeth tells a worried Rick and Evy that the bracelet is going to lead Alex - along with Imhotep and his minions - to the Golden Pyramid of the Scorpion King - they set off after him, headed for Cairo.
- Though Rick is able to save Evy, Ardeth cannot hold back Imhotep. Having appeased the gods and thus lifting the curse that has plagued him since he betrayed the pharaoh, the mummy now moves freely towards his destiny. And with Alex in hand, Imhotep will now be able to locate the hidden oasis of Ahm Shere... the resting place of the Scorpion King. On to Cairo, where Meela has arranged passage to Karnak, and a temple where Imhotep will soon be reunited with his eternal love, Anck-Su-Namun.
- Having reduced the city of Cairo into a den of decay, Imhotep leaves with Meela toward Karnak, still possessing Alex, despite Ardeth's attempt to recover him once more. Focusing his immediate attention on the task at hand, the mummy looks forward only to resuscitating his true love, Anck-Su-Namun, and restoring her eternal spirit to Meela's body, for Meela is her reincarnated form. It won't be long before the two are together once more...
- Evy sits weeping. With Alex in plain sight, Imhotep and Meela still manage to get away. But Rick has become even more determined to get his son back. Knowing that the mummy is headed to the Golden Pyramid, Rick convinces his long-time friend Izzy to pilot the group to the hidden oasis in his trusty dirigible. Yet, as our heroes near the horizon of their destination, Imhotep discovers them, and sends a cursed wall of water crashing towards them, to bring them down! Eventually caught by the rising flood, the dirigible plummets down into the miraculous jungle... A jungle that exists in the desert, part of the hidden, sacred oasis surrounding the mythical Golden Pyramid.
- Having successfully restored Anck-Su-Namun, Imhotep now presses forward to the hidden oasis - a thick jungle amidst the barren desert - which is home to the mythical Golden Pyramid of the Scorpion King. While making his way toward the jungle, the mummy spots Rick and company overhead in a dirigible - and raises a monstrous wave of water from the river below to bring down and destroy the group. With the enchanted tsunami finally bringing the small aircraft down, Imhotep continues on towards the jungle. The Golden Pyramid beckons in the distance...
- Evy has been slain by Meela, and everyone is at a loss. Time seems to be at a stand-still, as the mourning few surround Evy, in shock. Our hero, Rick is driven all the more - driven by revenge, driven by rage. Knowing that Imhotep intends to raise the Scorpion King and steal his mythical army, our hero follows Imhotep through the Golden Pyramid, down to the Netherworld. He will send the mummy back to the spirit world, or die trying!
- Though winning his fight with Imhotep, Rick has not reached the mummy in time to keep him from summoning the Scorpion King. With the mummy lying in tatters before him, Rick is left to peer into the dismal abyss of the Scorpion King's lair... knowing that if he is to save the world, he must face what lies beyond... The Scorpion King waits!
- Amidst the chaos, Alex grabbed the book of the dead from Anck-Su-Namun, and used it to resuscitate Evy. Then, with Imhotep defeated, the Scorpion King destroyed, and our heroes united, the hidden oasis destroys itself, drawing the vast jungle into a single vortex created by the pyramid. It doesn't look good for Rick and his family as they struggle to the top of the pyramid - until Izzy and his battered dirigible emerge from the horizon. As my valiant friends make their escape and sail safely away from the destroyed oasis of Ahm Shere, the world is as it should be. Evil has once again been conquered, good again has prevailed. And I will continue to watch over the sands of Egypt, always ready for the day when it may return.
- Anck-Su-Namun strikes Evy with a fatal blow, and leaves her behind to follow her beloved master Imhotep into the Golden Pyramid. It will be soon be time for Imhotep to claim his destiny. Only the Netherworld stands in his way, for within that spirit world, past the ancient guardians, he will find the gong that will raise the Scorpion King himself from his supernatural slumber.
- Imhotep has beaten Rick, and mankind's hope of a peaceable future has been crushed along with him. The Scorpion King has been summoned, and the doors to the lair are open before him. Now mortal, having been transformed by the seal, Imhotep will face his final obstacle with human hands... the Scorpion King awaits!
- The Scorpion King himself, warrior prince of the Netherworld, has fallen at the hands of the evil sorcerer Imhotep, the mightiest of mummies! Now virtually immortal, he sets himself forth as Neo-Pharaoh, ruler of the entire globe, commanding the Army of Anubis... Anck-Su-Namun at his side. He marches forward across the desert sands, laying waste to everything in front of him, enslaving all life that he finds, and crushing all who will not bow before him. Truly, evil has won the battle, and evil has won the war. Not even my order of Medjai protectors can unseat him now. Imhotep rules the world in eternal darkness!
The Mummy Video Game
The Mummy Returns Cast
- Dee Bradley Baker as Rick O'Connell
- Jennifer Hale as Evy O'Connell
- Kevin Michael Richardson as Imhotep
- Michael Gough as Ardeth Bay
- The Mummy Returns quotes at the Internet Movie Database